Are we crazy? Yes we are. Some would say a baby on the way, two dogs, a cat, a sister-in-law, and a mortgage in California should be enough. Well, it's not. Allow me to introduce Wyatt, the male puggle. Wyatt will be joining the family on May 8. Oh...yeah, BethAnn. She is doing great. Our next doctor visit is this Wednesday.
One thought - Close friends of BethAnn and I recently had a beautiful baby boy named Ezra who was born with a congenital heart disease called Tretolgy of Fellot. The disease is basically comprised of four defects in the heart which requires surgery to repair early in life, usually around 4-6 months of age. Young Erza's condition did not allow him the luxury of time and he went in for his open heart surgery last week at 1-1/2 months of age. I am happy to report that the surgery went well and he is recovering in the NICU unit of Children's Hospital in here in San Diego. Please take a moment for a positive thought for Ezra.
Pardon my soapbox for one second...but these types of events really put life in perspective. It's really not about all the stuff we want, think we need, or have to have. It is more about love, life, family, and experience. I can't wait to be a father, and am really trying to be the best husband, brother, and son I can be. I don't always succeed at that, but I am trying. Seeing and talking to our friends, Ezra's parents, I couldn't imagine the feelings and thoughts going through their minds, but they are wonderful people, stuck together as a family, leaned on their friends, and achieved a positive result. That is what it is all about.
xo
-BM
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment